EfficiencyKNow has received the prestigious assignment to collaborate as external expert to the European project PV Grid. The project, financed by the Program Intelligent Energy Europe of the European Commission, started in May 2014 and ended in October 2014. The main goal is to contribute to the overcoming of bureaucratic barriers that prevent or slow down the large scale of integration of photovoltaic in the distribution grids at European level.
PV Grid is the continuation of the PV Legal project, which from May 2009 to February 2012 has developed a detailed database of the administrative barriers for photovoltaic in Europe and a series of recommendations to the legislature and to the policy makers in order to overcome these barriers.
Among the main objectives of the PV Grid projects:
- Reduction of the administrative barriers that obstacle the large – scale integration of photovoltaic in the distribution infrastructure. This goal will be achieved through the analysis of existing barriers and from the technical solutions available and through the formulation of appropriate normative recommendations.
- Updating and maintaining the database created by PV Legal project, which detail the administrative processes required for installation, connection and operation of photovoltaic systems in the 16 countries, partner of the project.
- Simplify the administrative procedures for the installation, connection and operation of the photovoltaic systems in Europe.
- Stimulate the transfer of knowledge between member states through the European dimension of the partner involved of the PV Grid project and through actions of communication.
Among the expected results of the PV Grid projects:
- Reduction of the administrative barriers that obstacle the large – scale integration of photovoltaic in the distribution grids.
- Improvement of national administrative frameworks for the development of photovoltaic in the 16 countries, partner of the project, through the reduction of barriers and enhancement of the administrative procedures.